RACINE, Wis. — Modine Manufacturing Co. has appointed Scott Bowser as regional vice president – Americas, effective immediately. Bowser, who previously served as managing director for the company’s Brazilian operations, succeeds Thomas Cromwell, who has resigned. AdvertisementClick Here to Read MoreAdvertisement Bowser, an 11-year Modine veteran, will oversee the company’s North American and South American Original Equipment operations. His focus will be on implementing the reorganization announced late last year and continuing to drive process and productivity improvements throughout those businesses. “We are very pleased to have a seasoned executive like Scott step in to lead our Americas’ region during these challenging times,” said Thomas Burke, Modine president and chief executive officer. “Scott, who started his Modine career as a plant manager, is a proven leader with deep experience in both operations and sales. Most recently, Scott successfully integrated our Brazilian operations into the Modine global organization and has been actively managing the notable success in that business. During his tenure, Modine Brazil nearly doubled its revenue and achieved the highest gross margins among our original equipment businesses globally. His broad experience uniquely qualifies him to lead our Americas Original Equipment business with a demonstrated ability to understand and respond to the needs of our customers.” Since joining Modine in 1998, Bowser has served in numerous operations and management positions, including plant manager in Pemberville, Ohio; general sales manager – Truck; and managing director – Modine Brazil. Bowser holds an undergraduate degree in physics and mathematics from Anderson College and an MBA from Bowling Green State University. Advertisement Prior to Modine, Bowser served in increasingly responsible leadership roles in operations, sales, and general management and ultimately as president at The Pierce Co., an automotive and industrial engine components manufacturer. Bowser’s successor at Modine Brazil in Sao Paulo will be named at a future date.
Oct 15, 2020 St. Lucia records more cases of COVID Although the crisis has affected everyone, Ms. Mohammed said the consequences will be worse for the world’s most vulnerable citizens. Oct 16, 2020 More deaths from COVID-19 recorded in CARICOM countries,… Oct 16, 2020 Six Eastern Caribbean countries deemed safe for travel – CDC Read more at: United Nations News Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… You may be interested in… “Between 70 to 100 million people could be pushed into extreme poverty; an additional 265 million people could face acute food shortages by the end of this year, and an estimated 400 million jobs have been lost: disproportionately, of course, affecting women”, she said. For Nigel Clarke, Jamaica’s Minister of Finance and the Public Service, the event was an opportunity to “act with dispatch” and “to scale up measures that have already been implemented”. CMO says Saint Lucia at critical stage of COVID-19 outbreak (United Nations News) The UN Deputy Secretary-General has reminded Finance Ministers from across the world of their duty to help countries emerge from the social and economic chaos brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. Oct 15, 2020 Amina Mohammed addressed ministers from UN Member States, and representatives from international institutions, during a virtual meeting on Tuesday to solidify a “menu” of policy options for post-pandemic recovery and beyond, which will be presented to world leaders later this month. Jamaica calls for “unprecedented response” to COVIDStory via CMC – Jamaica Tuesday said there was need for an “unprecedented response” to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and praised the Barbados-based Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) for its role so far in helping the region deal with the situation. Finance and Public Service Minister Dr. Nigel…October 1, 2020In “General”Barbados PM one of 10 prominent global advocates for new UN roadmap to post-COVID-19 recoveryBarbados Prime Minister, Mia Mottley, is one of ten prominent global advocates for the new United Nations roadmap to post-COVID-19 recovery. The Secretary-General’s report, Shared responsibility, global solidarity: Responding to the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19, calls for action to suppress the virus and overcome the pandemic, safeguard livelihoods, and learn…April 27, 2020In “General”Make COVID Recovery ‘a true turning point’ for people and planet – Guterres(United Nations News) UN Secretary-General António Guterres has called on governments to incorporate “meaningful” climate action in all aspects of recovery from the global pandemic. Addressing ministers at a virtual meeting on sustainable recovery from COVID-19 on Thursday, the UN chief said that the world is confronting two urgent crises: COVID-19 and climate change. …September 4, 2020In “CCCCC”Share this on WhatsApp
Shinnecock Bay/Inlet/OceanFluke continue to provide the action in the bay. Reports from both east and west of the bridge are the same: lots of shorts with an occasional keeper, along with a mix of sea robins, of course. Work the tide and the wind for your best drift. Spearing, squid, live killies, and gulp are all working. The ocean fluke bite is much of the same, shorts. Recently, we did hear of a few better fish taken from around the Shinnecock reef.The reef also holds plenty of seabass with the same issue, not many keepers. The seabass are taking clam, spearing, or squid, depending on the day. On the reef is also ling, porgies, and trigger fish. Striped bass have made a showing at the Ponquogue Bridge area for those clam chumming. Most fish are small, but each trip usually results with one keeper. Over in the inlet, you can find fluke, porgies, triggers, a few bluefish, and the elusive striped bass. The latest news is the green bonita have been in and out of the inlet the past few days. Get those epoxy jigs out.PeconicNot much new to report here. The porgies continue to bite in the areas around Robins Island, Jessups Neck, and in Roses Grove. A few weakfish are hanging in the deep holes. If you’re looking to target fluke, head east to cooler waters.OffshoreThe bluefin bite continues around the Coimbra area. As long as the bait hangs around, this will continue. It’s a great spot for the smaller boat anglers to get a chance at some tuna action. The sea conditions have been amazing this season, perfect for the small-boat guys. Trolling and jigging are both working. The early bird gets the worm.ShoreboundThe Shinnecock Canal has a good number of porgies, along with some small blowfish and sea robins. The snappers are showing, but still on the small side. Over at the Shinnecock Inlet, the fluke has been a bit more cooperative. Also biting are bluefish, a few striped bass on night tides, triggerfish, and porgies. Most recent is the showing of green bonita being taken from the jetties.Check out the refurbished Ponquogue Bridge fishing pier for a shot at some fluke, porgies, and bass. The ocean beaches are fairly quiet if you’re looking for bass, but sharks on the other hand, make a great substitute, and there is no shortage of them locally for sure.East End Bait & Tackle170 East Montauk HwyHampton Bays631-728-1744www.eastendbaitandtackle.com Share
Follow Rachel on Twitter The CJC working group’s analysis of the options for implementing Jackson’s reforms to proportionality, Part 36 offers and QOCs will be covered in more depth in the next issue of Litigation Funding magazine. Last Monday, a group of leading experts in civil justice – many of them solicitors – gathered for a comprehensive discussion on some of the crucial detail concerning the rules required to implement Lord Justice Jackson’s radical reform of civil litigation costs. With the reforms on course to be introduced next year, despite vocal opposition from claimants, there are still plenty of battles to be fought between claimants and defendants on the detail. The meeting, also attended by justice minister Jonathan Djanogly and Ministry of Justice civil servants, discussed a 102-page document drawn up by the Civil Justice Council’s working party on the costs aspects of the reforms. The tome, which is surprisingly readable, represents the many hours spent by the working party – comprising some of the most talented and experienced practitioners in the field of costs – in analysing and weighing up how the reforms might best work in practice. But before the experts could get stuck into their discussions, they were given a written outline of Lord Justice Jackson’s own comments on the document, which have also been published on the judiciary’s website. He may not have been present, but his influence was still felt. Jackson warned against any ‘elaborate practice note’ seeking to implement his proportionality rule. He also suggested that a few ‘robust Court of Appeal decisions’ would be needed to deal with the points raised – no prizes for guessing who’ll be sitting on the bench. The Court of Appeal judge clearly still has much to contribute to the implementation of the reforms. But his influence should not overpower that of the experts on the ground who have spent much time poring over the detail of the proposals, and have an invaluable understanding of the more subtle effects of the various options for implementation, and their impact on their clients or businesses. While the judge’s intervention may have caused some consternation among those present at the meeting, a source of greater concern for some was the MoJ’s plans to introduce a means test to be eligible for qualified one-way costs shifting (a system put forward by Jackson designed to protect personal injury claimants from having to pay costs if they lose in most cases). One option being considered by the MoJ is the exclusion of higher income tax payers from QOCs; though that would not appear to tally with Jackson’s original suggestion that only the ‘conspicuously wealthy’ should be excluded. Another worry from the claimants’ perspective is a further MoJ plan to introduce some kind of minimum payment by claimants where QOCs applies, possibly linked to income. Both MoJ proposals met with strong opposition from the claimant side last week; though whether they have succeeded in convincing the minister remains to be seen.
The Port of Rotterdam has invested EUR13 million in the new deep-sea quay, to double the terminal’s capacity, enabling Broekman DistriPort to handle two vessels of 50,000 tonnes simultaneously with a guaranteed depth of 12.5 m. The quay is the final investment which has seen an increase of 60,000 sq m of open storage and 15,000 sq m of covered storage what results in a total of 200,000 sq m of warehouse capacity. With these new developments Broekman DistriPort says that it is more able to handle large import numbers of metals, steel and project cargoes.
Tweet Share LocalNews Roseau South candidate ‘passionate’ about family by: – October 14, 2014 181 Views no discussions Joshua Francis; Attorney at Law and UWP candidate for the Roseau South constituency.Attorney at Law and United Workers Party (UWP) candidate for the Roseau South Constituency Joshua Francis says he is very concerned and passionate about the family unit.Mr Francis, in addressing a press conference on Monday, October 13, 2014, if elected into government, he will seek to address issues which affect the family unit. “The issue of the family is something that is very intimate, something that makes me very passionate and something sometimes which makes me nervous, particularly when I think of my own family as far as who raised me,” Francis said.He informed that waiting to have children after marriage was not by accident, “this happened because my grandparents were able to instill the value of having a family”.Francis noted that the family is the cornerstone of society and “unless a family is motivated, empowered and given the necessary tools to navigate the roads and paths of life, then society is going to have a problem”.While Francis said that the family is the most important institution in society, he acknowledged that the education and religious institutions also have a role to play.Moreover, Francis said the UWP “will ensure that we execute the Family Law Reform Act in Dominica so that we can make life better for the family”.Additionally, if elected into government, the UWP will work speedily so that juveniles “will get equitable justice in the court of law in Dominica”.Francis also said the probate laws need to be reviewed to make provision for people in common law relationships.“We have several women in Dominica who are in a situation living with a man for twenty years and the man moves on then the woman is left with nothing”.Francis stated that the UWP plans to update the probate act so that common law spouses can recognized under legislation. Moreover, another issue regarding the family unit that Francis plans to review is the laws protecting the elderly citizens and rights of a married lady or a married man. “The old law says that a married lady cannot be raped, I know this is a controversial issue but we are at a point in Dominica where we have to visit each and every issue,” Francis said.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! Share Share
No. 19 West Florida headed to the NCAA Soccer Tournament INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The No. 19 University of West Florida men’s soccer program has earned a bid to the 2013 NCAA Soccer Tournament. The Argos earned the three seed in the Super Region 2 and will face two seeded and No. 7 Saint Leo (13-2-1) in the first round. No. 19 West Florida will travel to face the Lions on their home field Saturday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. ET.No. 19 UWF previously faced the Lions on Sept. 6 for the season opener in a game where the Argos fell 1-0 in regulation. The top seed in Super Region 2 is No. 1 Rollins (16-1-0) and the winner of the West Florida/Saint Leo game will face the Tars at Rollins.This is the first time the Argos have made it into the national tournament since 2010.For information on all UWF athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com.#ARGOS#– www.GoArgos.com — Print Friendly Version Share Argos face Saint Leo in first round of NCAA National Tournament (Photo by Bill Stockland)
MANCHESTER, England, (CMC):Off-spinning all-rounder Roston Chase believes West Indies can put their recent modest batting form behind them and excel in next month’s three-Test series against England, but will need to first rediscover their self-belief.West Indies have struggled in recent times to post competitive totals, but Chase said Saturday players needed to back their ability and adopt the right mentality if they were to see an uptick in their fortunes.“It’s fair to say we haven’t had the best time as a top order, but some of the guys, I think we’ve played 30 or more Test matches. So the guys have that experience and the know-how, how to get runs at this level. So we’re ever improving,” the right-hander said via Zoom from quarantine at Old Trafford here.“It’s just for us to get that confidence and that belief back in our batting in the top order. I think we’ll be fine because the guys know that we have the ability. Some of the guys have centuries, so it’s clear they can perform at this level. “It’s just a case of getting it right – getting that mindset right – and backing your ability, and going out there and doing it.”West Indies stunned England in the Caribbean last year to win the Wisden Trophy, but passed 300 only twice in five full innings. Against India later, West Indies failed to reach 230 in either of the two Tests as they slumped to heavy defeats in both.Chase, who has emerged as one of the main cogs of the Windies batting, said of critical importance was posting major first innings totals if pressure was to be brought to bear on England.“For me, the key to winning this series is to get a good first-innings total,” the 28-year-old Chase stressed. “I think the first innings is going to be very important. Once we get that good first-innings total, there’s always pressure on the other team to come and back that up. “As you know, our bowling is our strength, so once we can get a good target for the bowlers to look after, I think we will be in a good position to dominate like how we did in the Caribbean.”West Indies face England in the first Test at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton on July 8.
Rugby League Thirty leagues from around PNG are eligible to attend the PNG Rugby Football League 7th annual general meeting (AGM) to be held on March 7 in Port Moresby. PNGRFL chief executive officer Reatau Rau said the 30 leagues comprising of 15 from Southern, six from New Guinea Islands, five from Highlands and four from Northern Confederates have met all affiliation criteria for 2019 and complied with the PNGRFL constitutional requirements. “The 30 leagues have fulfilled and met all constitutional requirements and their presidents are qualified and eligible to attend the AGM set for Saturday (March 7) at 10am at the National Football Stadium in Port Moresby,” Rau said. He said apart from the normal order of business where the chairman’s and finance reports will be presented, will be the election of a chairman and four respective confederate directors. “Nomination forms and other relevant documents will be delivered directly to these leagues before Friday February 7, 2020,” Rau said. He clarified that for the nomination of the chairman, an affiliate league member shall nominate a person on the prescribed nomination form and signed. “The nomination form is seconded and signed by another affiliate league member,” he said. “The nomination form is finally certified by the nominee expressing his willingness to accept the nomination as chairman.” He said as for the nomination of a confederate director, each affiliated league member within that confederate can nominate their person of choice, seconded by another affiliate league member in the same confederate and signed by the nominee as set out on the prescribed form. “These nomination forms for the position of Chairman of PNGRFL and Director of a Confederate must reach my office no later than 5pm on Friday (February 21). This is as per the Constitution and must be strictly adhered to,” Rau said. He said the AGM notice will be published in both daily newspapers next Monday (January 20) and Wednesday (January 22). The affiliated leagues are: Southern – Port Moresby (PRL), Pom South, Pom Suburban, Motu Koita, Koiari, Rigo, Buria, Tabubil, Popondetta, Kiunga, Kerema, Daru, Sioupusa (Gulf), Hiri East and Hiri West; New Guinea Islands – Kokopo City, Kavieng, Lihir, Namatanai, Buka and Kimbe. Highlands – Goroka, Banz, Kimil, Mt Hagen and Komo Northern – Madang, Lae, Ramu and Walium. Rau said all league presidents will travel into Port Moresby on Friday March 6 and depart on Sunday March 8, 2020.
Felipe scored on a powerful strike to the right of goalkeeper Joe Bendik seconds after striker Marco Di Vaio hit the crossbar. The teams tied 1-1 last week in the first leg in Toronto.“You have to seize the moment,” Montreal coach Frank Klopas said. “This was one of our goals as a team. When it’s there in front of you, you can’t let opportunities get away. You can’t take them for granted.”The Impact earned a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League. They will play in a group with the New York Red Bulls and El Salvador’s C.D. FAS.“When I get on the field, I just want to do my best and do my job and keep doing the job I did today,” said Felipe, from Brazil. “It’s important for us to represent Canada well.”