The Wisconsin Department of Justice has filed a ne

first_imgThe Wisconsin Department of Justice has filed a new lawsuit against the federal government over a fee for health insurers under the Affordable Care Act.State Attorney General Brad Schimel announced last week the state had filed the lawsuit, along with a motion for a temporary restraining order against President Donald Trump’s Administration, as the deadline nears for Wisconsin to pay more than $30 million through the health insurance providers fee.The suit was joined by Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, Kansas and Nebraska. The HIP Fee, which took effect in 2014, was imposed under the ACA and intended to help fund state exchanges.In 2015, Wisconsin and five other states successfully sued to strike down a rule that allowed the HIP fee to be imposed on the states.As a result of that ruling, the U.S. District Court recently ordered the federal government to repay $89 million to Wisconsin for the HIP Fee that was imposed in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Congress established a one-year moratorium on the fee for 2017, but the fee resumes in 2018 and Wisconsin is on the hook to pay more than $30 million.“On behalf of Wisconsin, I will continue to fight to protect our health care dollars,” Schimel said. “Our health care programs should not be overburdened with this illegal tax that threatens Wisconsin’s ability to care for those who need medical services the most.”Schimel and Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a separate lawsuit in February on behalf of 20 states, challenging the constitutionality of the ACA. He argued that when Congress voted to remove the individual mandate tax last year, the constitutional underpinnings of the law fell apart. The federal court is expected to issue a decision on that case later this year. Get our email updatesBizTimes DailyManufacturing WeeklyNonprofit WeeklyReal Estate WeeklySaturday Top 10Wisconsin Morning Headlines Subscribelast_img read more

Gillian SteelFisher who is Mom to Tennessee and C

first_imgGillian SteelFisher, who is Mom to Tennessee and Casals in our soccer program and also wife of COACH Charles SteelFisher, will be helping me organize this event.If you would like to donate baked goods, please bring them to the park no later than 9:30am on Sat. morning.We will also be having a RAFFLE for 2 BRUINS TIX donated by Charles.  Raffle ticketswill be $2 each and 3 for $5.Also – people attending soccer on Friday can buy raffle tickets there or make a donation.Checks should be made out to UNICEF USA.Stop by and support us!!We appreciate any help you can give us!Many thanks,JR & Gillian The NEAA Fall Soccer Program will be having a Bake Sale this Saturday, October 7th from 9am to 12 Noon at Puopolo Park on Commercial Street during our weekly soccer program.The proceeds of the Bake Sale will be donated to UNICEF USA which is doing important things for kids in the wake of the hurricane in Puerto Rico.*Advertisement*last_img read more

1234 Attendee Victor Brogna expressed concern a

first_img(12:34) Attendee Victor Brogna expressed concern about the idea that the Nazzaro should be self-supporting. He explained that would put restrictions on the BAC’s study. It is not self-sufficient now so why does it need to be the future. Council members agreed and Mokwete said his team could also consider plans that would require some city support. Watch Mokwete’s presentation in the video above and read a summary of the discussion below. The Boston Architectural College (BAC)’s Gateway Program, which gives architecture students a chance to get real-life experience working on projects out in the community, is conducting a study of the potential mixed-use scenarios for the current Nazzaro Center building. Five BAC students are working on this study, three graduates and two undergraduates. The students spend 20 hours per week on the project for one semester, concluding at the beginning of June. Mokwete, who is supervising the students, is an architect who teaches at the BAC and Northeastern, as well as practices with the non-profit Build Health International. The group did a half-day tour of the Nazzaro Center to see how the building is used. They will be engaging with the different community groups who use the space, including schools and senior programs. Architect Killion Mokwete presented an overview of the Gateway Program and what the study will entail to the North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) at their March meeting. (12:05) Maria Lanza from the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services explained that the city will have its own process for the Nazzaro building during which they will accept feedback, including this BAC study. Questions from the audience begin at 5:32 in the video. Attendees asked how we can study what will go in the current building before we know where the new center will be and what will go there. Hoffman explained that this is just a study of what different options could go in this building, assuming things that don’t fit, such as the basketball court, would be relocated. This is different from the Sasaki Architects’ study that was trying to determine how everything a new community center needs could fit in the current building (which they found it could not). Kirsten Hoffman, part of the Save the Nazzaro coalition, clarified that this study is completely different from the City’s study that is focused on finding a space for the new community center (5:11). The Nazzaro Center building is currently under review by Boston’s Landmarks Commission to potentially be designated as an official landmark. This designation would preserve the exterior of the building, but still allow changes on the inside. The Save the Nazzaro coalition has asked the BAC to do a study of what could potentially be done with the interior, assuming a new North End community center is constructed elsewhere.*Advertisement* Hoffman went on to throw out ideas of different mixed-use scenarios for the current Nazzaro Center including mixed public and private space where perhaps there are some offices, a small shop, etc. The BAC team will come up with a variety of suggestions with the goal that the building is self-supportive. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact Kirsten Hoffman who will gather this information and share it with the BAC team.last_img read more

An adobo upgrade Add rosemary

first_imgAn adobo upgrade: Add rosemary Read Next ‘Payback’ PM Boris Johnson visits Belfast as Brexit woes hurt UK economy SMC bags Bulacan airport project LATEST STORIES MOST READ Moreno asks Manila private schools to cooperate with class suspension policy PLAY LIST 01:44Moreno asks Manila private schools to cooperate with class suspension policy01:01Typhoon ‘Rosita’ makes landfall in Dinapigue, Isabela01:08Huge Toronto crowd celebrates Raptors’ historic win03:26PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities01:39Sotto open to discuss, listen to pros and cons of divorce bill06:02Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreements01:50Palace open to make Dengvaxia usable again as dengue cases spike01:49House seeks probe on ‘massive corruption’ in PCSO01:37PCSO estimates P250M in Lotto revenue loss due to suspension That is not to say however that there is an official ban on celebrating Christmas. We have to agree with Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama who said it is the right of government employees to celebrate this annual occasion in their own simple way.MORE STORIESnewsinfoRed Cross: Brace for typhoon season, prepare emergency kitsnewsinfoNew cyclone kills 3 in Mozambique; UN warns of floodingnewsinfoLindsay Lohan’s stepmom pleads guilty to disorderly conductMORE STORIESnewsinfoRed Cross: Brace for typhoon season, prepare emergency kitsnewsinfoNew cyclone kills 3 in Mozambique; UN warns of floodingnewsinfoLindsay Lohan’s stepmom pleads guilty to disorderly conduct“Even soldiers hold a truce in order to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones,” he said and we couldn’t agree more. Even Rama’s critics are in agreement that the annual City Hall Christmas party should go on, even if it is sparse and simple.We’d like to think that the Earth parents of Jesus Christ, Joseph and Mary, still celebrated His birth in their own simple way regardless of whether or not the Wise Men from the East came with their own luxury gifts.Celebrating that joyous time of the year means honoring the reason for the season and not the material wealth falsely associated with it.ADVERTISEMENT Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementscenter_img Pagasa: Rain expected as LPA enters PAR Despite the overflowing assistance given by foreign countries to the typhoon-hit areas, some local governments and private companies decided to donate the budget of their Christmas parties to the victims in northern Cebu and Eastern Visayas.This is all well and good but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t and shouldn’t celebrate Christmas and New Year. As news of the tragedy unfolded before a shocked country and the rest of the world, the private sector followed by the government mobilized their resources to help the dazed survivors.ADVERTISEMENT Along with the onrush of assistance came denunciations in online social media over selfies of people supposedly posing with damaged structures and survivors at Ground Zero and sumptuous food and gadgets that are perceived as arrogant and inappropriate displays of wealth at a time when most Filipinos have been struggling to find even a morsel of food to eat.This condemnation of selfies over Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest amid the backdrop of suffering and misery also extended to the planned Christmas parties of both government and the private sector.FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFOSenate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementsNEWSINFOLocsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilegeNEWSINFOPalace open to make Dengvaxia usable again as dengue cases spikeTo their credit, local goverments in Cebu like Mandaue City Hall previously cancelled their Christmas parties and used the budget to donate to typhoon Pablo victims last year.With last month’s earthquake and now the “Yolanda” catastrophe, the government which is still engulfed over the pork barrel controversy despite the detention of controversial businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles and the Supreme Court ruling declaring the pork barrel as unconstitutional and the private sector were called on to share their blessings to the typhoon victims, who are now in the process of rebuilding their lives according to local officials. Tolentino: No more debate with Drilon on China deal What’s new in town: Eggplant parmigiana deep-dish pizza, tofu ‘kakigori,’ ‘kamias’-date sticky toffee pudding Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio gets nominated as CJ for 4th time View commentslast_img read more

1000Plussize ProfitsHennessy Launches 10 Millio

first_img 1,000Plus-size ProfitsHennessy Launches $10 Million Fund for HBCU Gra… Startup CURVSI has recently announced the launch of their iPhone app, a place for “plus-sized” women to buy, sell, & share their style. The platform is targeting women sizes 10 and up to buy, sell, and share their style straight from their phone.“Although the average woman is a size 16, the fashion industry largely ignores curvy women,” says CURVSI Co-founder Kayla Rose. “Rather than waiting on brands and retail stores to respond, we’re turning to our closets. We created a platform that connects the closets and boutiques of curvy women everywhere.”According to a recent statement, on average, curvy women only wear 20% of their clothing on a regular basis. With the overflowing abundance of clothing already in their closets, Rose realized that there needed to be a platform that brought them broader options than just shopping for more clothes and she wanted to put it all in one single destination.With the CURVSI app, you can list an item for sale in under a minute, discover size-inclusive brands and trends, and shop a personalized feed full of fashion that actually fits. The release also states that users can receive style advice or fashion tips from people they meet on the app making CURVSI more than a shopping app.(Curvsi) be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18 https://www.blackenterprise.com/curvsi-launches-app-designed-for-women-size-10-and-up/ https://www.blackenterprise.com/curvsi-launches-app-designed-for-women-size-10-and-up/center_img There are several other plus-size apps on the market that include, Yours, which allows women to shop the latest styles ranging in sizes 16-36; Gwynnie Bee, an online clothing subscription service catering to plus-size figures; and Stich Fix, the personalized styling service, currently has a section for plus-size women.“What sets CURVSI apart,” says Rose, “is our dedication to creating a seamless shopping experience for plus-size women. We want our users to feel empowered by being able to shop their favorite brands, sell the items they no longer wear, and aid other women in finding pieces they enjoy.”CURVSI is now available for download.last_img read more

Pics The Truth About Remember The Titans Will

first_img [Pics] The Truth About ‘Remember The Titans’ Will Disappoint You Tie Breaker Top Contenders for Fight of the Year Standard Ranked Rashguard Greatest Highlights of Anderson Silva’s Career More: Sale Timeline of Israel Adesanya’s Rapid Rise to UFC Contender Video: Aalon Cruz scores ridiculous jumping knee KO on Contender Series Recommended by Lockdown duffle bag Sports Billionaires: Bill Murray is One of the Richest… Investing.com King Ryan Longsleeve Shirt Standard BJJ Gi Brock Lesnar’s WWE Future After UFC Retirement Sponsored Content Colby Covington rips ‘diva’ Robbie Lawler for leaving American Top Team over a photo ProMax 440 BJJ GI Latest From Our Partners [Pics] Amish Facts They Didn’t Want You To Know Ice Pop ABC passes rule alteration to definition of grounded fighter NEW YORK — At the Bellator 208 pre-fight press conference, Bellator president Scott Coker, main event fighters Chael Sonnen and Fedor Emelianenko and the other stars of the card talk Thursday at Viacom headquarters in New York. [Pics] The Wealthiest Actor Of All Time Is In Game Of… Finance 101 MMA Fighting [Pics] These Beaches Should Not Allow Tourists Because… Science 101 Accessories Latest From MMA Warehouse Dana White addresses contender status of Colby Covington, Leon Edwards, Corey Anderson Apparel Gloves More From Morning Report: Jorge Masvidal praises Conor McGregor: ‘The dude is a f*cking G, bro’ Nightmare Matchup for UFC’s Biggest Stars Of These 14 Military Generals, Who Would Win an All-Out Battle? Ranker Good Night Tee Which is More Dangerous – MMA or Football? Gordon Ryan Competition Kit Should Frankie Edgar finally fight at bantamweight? Coach Ricardo Almeida weighs inlast_img read more

Photos JMcLaughlin Row 34 and the Friends of DanaFarber Kick Off Fall

first_img 9/27/2018, 1:51 p.m. Sign up for Weekender. Arts, events, pop culture, and more.* Party Pics Photos: J.McLaughlin, Row 34 and the Friends of Dana-Farber Kick Off Fall in Boston. Check out scenes from the September 12, 2018, event at J.McLaughlin. 000 By Julia Kacmarek· center_img Print Get a compelling long read and must-have lifestyle tips in your inbox every Sunday morning — great with coffee! On September 12, 2018, J.McLaughlin on Charles Street hosted a charitable shopping event with generations of old and new J.McLaughlin fans. The crowd sipped wine, enjoyed a raw bar from Row 34, listened to tunes by DJ Liz Ladoux, and shopped fall styles in J.McLaughlin’s newly renovated Charles Street store, which is celebrating 15 years in Beacon Hill.The evening was hosted by Chef Jeremy Sewall of Island Creek Oyster Bar and Row 34, and Friends’ Board members, Gina Morda, Seth Andrea McCoy, and Alexandra Slote. Other attendees at the event included Kevin and Barbara McLaughlin, Mary Ellen Coyne (CEO, J.McLaughlin), Lynne Montesanto, Publisher of Boston magazine, Annissa Essaibi George, Boston City Councillor-at-Large, media personality Janet Wu, and Boston fashion bloggers Kerrie Burke, Sarah Rose Stuart, and Tara West. Photo by Natasha MoustacheChef Jeremy Sewall (Island Creek Oyster Bar, Row 34), Alexandra Slote (event hostess, Friends Board of Directors), Lisa Sewall, Kevin McLaughlin (Co-Founder, Creative Director, J.McLaughlin), Seth Andrea McCoy and Gina Morda (event hostesses, Friends Board of Directors), and Mary Ellen Coyne (CEO, J.McLaughlin)Joan Jolley, Anita Fink, Chef Jeremy Sewall (Island Creek Oyster Bar, Row 34), Seth Andrea McCoy (event hostess, Friends Board of Directors) and Annissa Essaibi George (Boston City Councillor-at-Large)Barbara McLaughlin, Alexanda Slote (event hostess; Friends Board of Directors) and Jack Lynch (Director of Business Development, J.McLaughlin)Kellie Mitchell Burke (fashion blogger)Ashley Breed, Gina Morda (event hostess, Friends Board of Directors) and Tracey RobertsLexie Roth and Pia Millerlast_img read more